Highly integrated single chip CMOS solution with multiprotocol
MAC/baseband processor and 2.4 & 5 GHz radio
- Uses digital CMOS technology exclusively, minimizing power
consumption and cost while maximizing reliability
- LAN Features
Connect without wires at speeds up to 300Mbps
Based on IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/N DRAFT 2.0 standard wireless protocol-WiFi certified.
Compatible with the increasing number of Public Access facilities.
PAN Features, WAN Features
Based on standard cellular wireless protocols, Anywhere, anytime, "always on" connectivity
- Itegrated wireless network management capabilities, including "Wake-on-Wireless" and "Wake-on-Theft".
- Network OS Supported.
- Typical Range: Indoors: Up to 100m - Outdoors: Up to 400m ( see range comparison table below ) Atheros XSPAN™ technology to give Wi-Fi products twice the range of existing designs Wireless Multimedia Enhancements Quality of Service support (QoS)
XSPAN ® mode delivers up to 300 Mbps raw data rate with typical end user throughput exceeding 120 Mbps XSPAN utilizes Adaptive Radio to automatically identify clear channels for maximum throughout and standards compatible operation For systems designed with two antennas, real-time antenna selection enables optimized WLAN performance.
- Real-time temperature calibration dynamically optimizes wireless performance by adjusting output power to temperature changes for increased throughput & range with 802.11 radio.
- Unique, 3Tx/3Rx design architecture employed by Atheros is called Signal-Sustain Technology™ . It very effectively sustains the 802.11n radio signal, and the corresponding connection.The figure shows a 4000 square foot house shows the throughput at range differential that can be achieved through Atheros Signal-Sustain Technology, our 3x3 design architecture versus standard 2x2 MIMO designs (almost 50% additional throughput).
- Very low power consumption - 350 to 450 mw in transmission mode.
- Power-saving design improvements reduce system power
consumption up to 98%
- A user selectable feature with five different Power states, which allows the user to make their own power vs. performance choices when in battery mode.
General Device Type Network adapter
Form Factor Plug-in card
Interface (Bus) Type Mini PCI
Width 0.5 cm, Depth 6 cm, Height 6 cm, Weight 12 g
Networking Connectivity Technology Wireless
Data Link Protocol IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0
Data Transfer Rate up to 300 Mbps
Frequency Band 2.4 GHz (802.11b/g) & 5 Ghz (802.11a)
Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, IEEE 802.11d, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.11i, IEEE 802.11e, IEEE 802.11h, IEEE 802.11j, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Expansion / Connectivity Provided Interfaces 1 x network - Radio-Ethernet
Compatible Slots 1 x mini PCI - type III a
Miscellaneous Encryption Algorithm LEAP, AES, 128-bit WEP, 64-bit WEP, PEAP, TKIP, WPA, WPA2
Compliant Standards UL, cUL, IEC 60950, CB, FCC, CE, DGT
Complies to the 11 radio channel US allowance
Environmental Parameters Min Operating Temperature 0 0C
Max Operating Temperature 80 0C
Humidity Range Operating 50 - 92%
|Manufacturer's Part Number (MPN)||WMIA-268N|
|Requirements||Free mini PCI slot|
|Warranty||2 Yearr RTB (Return-to-Base)|
|Contents||OEM card only|